Duration: 2 Days | 8:30 am – 4 pm
Monday – Tuesday
30 April – 1 May 2018
All it takes to point your business in the right direction are some strategic insights from your data. In this course, the trainer will guide how to create Power Pivot and Power View plugins to build robust dashboards for analyzing key metrics in Excel—all in just over an hour. First, learn some dashboard design guidelines—such as understanding your audience and identifying necessary metrics—before getting started. Then walks you through importing data, setting up calculated fields and columns, creating key performance indicators (KPIs), and building the PivotTables and Pivot Charts for the dashboards. Last, find out how to add charts and eye-catching visuals with Power View, in order to make your dashboards easily understood.
Excel is one of the most widely used solutions for analyzing and visualizing data. It now includes tools that enable the analysis of more data, with improved visualizations and more sophisticated business logics. Learn how to import data from diverse sources, create mash ups between data sources, and prepare data for analysis. After preparing the data, find out how business calculations can be expressed using the DAX calculation engine. See how the data can be visualized and shared to the Power BI cloud service, after which it can be used in dashboards. Organizing substantial amounts of data and extracting valuable information from it requires key skill sets and an understanding of powerful tools like Excel. Microsoft Excel 2016 provides a targeted feature, Power Pivot, to help users organize, refine, and extract information from large chunks of data.
Power BI is quickly gaining popularity among professionals in data science as a cloud-based service that helps them easily visualize and share insights from their organizations’ data.
Power Query / Get Transform – to bring, transform, shape & Clean data from diverse sources
Power Pivot – to create data model, Dax Formulas, KPI.
Power View – to create visualizations, cards, matrix, map, tiles & animated charts
Power Map – to create reports on maps for geographical Analysis
Key Take Away from this Course:
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
• Summarized data & Report
• Data Modeling
• Calculated Field
• Power BI
• Power Map
• Power Pivot
• Time Line
• Table Slicer
• Pivot Charts
• Power View
• Analysis Tool Pack
• Quick Analysis Tools
• Power BI Desktop
• Dynamic Dashboard
• 3D-Power Map
• Measures and KPIs In Your Power Pivot
• Microsoft’s Self-Service Power Bi Model
• Use of Multiple Fields In Rows And Columns
Who Should Attend?
This course is for Delegate with a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2013 / 2016 and general computing proficiency, including those who will be using Excel to make business decisions.
• IT Professional
• Business Analyst
• Project Managers
• Data Analyst
• Functional managers / Line Managers
• Accounting / Finance Professionals
• HR Professionals / Procurement / Logistics professionals
• Sales & Marketing Professional
• Administration Professionals
• Professionals who works in Data Management and Data Analysis.
• Small business owners
• Professionals from NGOs such as Program & Field Managers
Feedback from Previous Clients:
• This was a one of the best workshop I ever attended up till now. Hope to learn more from you in future. I would recommend this program to my colleagues. Thank you for being a remarkable teacher and I am very grateful to have you as a mentor. Amjad Elahi Senior Manager Information Technology Agriauto
• This was a great learning experience. A thought-out session regarding Business Intelligence and Dashboard Reporting that truly enlightened us in terms of theory and practice. it’s really one of the best training that I have ever got in my professional career, I love your practical approach for Dashboard Reporting complexity and the knowledge you shared with us is highly recommended. Mohammad Imran HSE Officer UEP
• Thank you for best training of my life. I have learned so much from you and I look forward to learning more. Thank you for being a remarkable teacher and I am very grateful to have you as a mentor. Ghazanfar Ali Director IT PTC